Pacific Building Group begins by developing detailed budgetary estimates and schedules to advise the project team of the preliminary cost and duration of the project.
Our Estimating Team will spearhead the pre-construction
phase to accomplish this task, as well as to bring the team
together (including, but not limited to, the owner, landlord,
design team, facilities management, and applicable
subcontractors) to identify the goals and expectations for the project. We will conduct meetings with the design team and client as necessary to discuss issues throughout the completion of the design, including review of the existing building systems. The pre-construction phase is critical to us as we strongly believe that it sets the tone for the remainder of the project.
Value Engineering is a systematic approach to evaluate alternative materials and methods to maintain a specific level of performance or quality while reducing costs. Pacific Building Group takes a proactive approach to Value Engineering during the pre-construction phase to offer suggestions and perform analyses prior to the final design being put on paper, thus saving the design team time and effort.
Upon receipt of the construction (or permit) set of drawings from the Architect, Pacific Building Group will assemble a detailed cost estimate, broken down by subcontractor trade, and a critical path method schedule which clearly delineates the critical activities necessary to complete the project. This schedule will be broken down to the level of detail necessary to accurately track and update the progress of the project.
Listed below are some of the preconstruction services that Pacific Building Group can provide:
- Site Evaluation & Planning
- Conceptual budget estimate
- Detailed Constructability & Design Review
- Mechanical & Electrical Design Assist
- Color Coded / Electronic Takeoffs w/Legend
- Unit Cost and Quantities Breakdown
- Conceptual & Final Scheduling
- Long Lead Item Identification
- Qualified Subcontractor Selection Process
- Detailed Bid Instructions & Pre-Bid Meetings
- Comparative Cost Analysis / Value Engineering
- Alternate Pricing Options
- Meeting & Coordination with Owner/Tenants